MIMOS’ IP competency programme was initiated to empower MIMOSians with the knowledge and skillsets that will enable them to practice the IP culture. This programme aims to develop a strong Intellectual Property strategy for each MIMOS invention, which will ultimately increase the quality of MIMOS intellectual capital.
The training activities aim to:
- Familiarise researchers with innovation methods and concepts
- Familiarise innovation tools to enhance IP creation
- Enable researchers to conduct analysis on the current stage of research technology’s IP strategy
- Allow researchers to design better products by understanding key technical and technology trends versus IP trends
- Enable future-proof patents by incorporating claims and specifications being designed around the patents