We are moving towards institutionalising ethics in the commission. The Integrity and Ethics Unit, responsible for the management of integrity issues, is a key step towards fulfilling our commitment. By reporting unethical behaviours, you can help us to ensure our employees adhere to good work ethics and governance in our work environment, and subsequently help towards the elimination of corruption, fraud, dishonesty, criminal activities, breach of trust and other unethical behaviours. We are committed to acting strictly against any party that commits any unlawful act that could tarnish the image of MIMOS.
To be the focal point for managing issues relating to ethics and integrity
To establish integrity values within MIMOS in line with work ethics and moral values
To strengthen the integrity culture within MIMOS through the implementation of existing rules and regulations
- Strengthening integrity – To ensure the acculturation, institutionalisation and integrity of the organisation
- Complaints management (whistleblowing) – To receive and take action on integrity-related complaints/feedback on criminal misconduct or breach of the MIMOS Code of Ethics
- Governance – To ensure good governance is embedded and observed in MIMOS
- Detection and confirmation – To detect and verify complaints of criminal misconduct and any violations of the MIMOS Code of Ethics.
MIMOS is committed to ensuring best practices in countering any form of corruption in order to provide efficient and integral services to stakeholders whilst continually improving the effectiveness of our business operations. In line with MIMOS SATRIA1 LEADERSHIP CORE VALUES, we resolve to
- Reject bribery, corruption and fraud;
- Comply with the provisions of the MACC Act 2009 (Amendment 2018) and all applicable laws by inculcating integrity, transparency and accountability in all aspects of its business;
- Work with employees, stakeholders and interested parties to create a corrupt-free business environment and achieve its anti-corruption objectives;
- Encourage reporting of any case of suspected bribery and corruption;
- Establish an Anti-Bribery Management System framework and implement continuous improvements;
- Take action against individuals who fail to comply with this policy; and
- Set up the independent, empowered and relevant unit(s) to ensure anti-corruption compliance is adhered to within the organisation.
Frequently asked questions
The disclosure by Whistleblower; a person, either an employee of MIMOS or a member of the public to those in authority of mismanagement, corruption, illegal activities or any unethical behaviour.
An Act to combat corruption and other wrongdoings by encouraging and facilitating disclosures of improper conduct in the public and private sector, to protect the individuals making those disclosures from detrimental action, to provide for the matters disclosed to be investigated and dealt with and to provide for other matters connected therewith.
A report or complaint can be made about any unethical behaviour which should include but is not limited to the following: Fraud, Theft , Breach of trust Conflict of interest , Misuse of company’s property, Non-compliance to the MIMOS Code of Ethics, Bribery.
MIMOS will take all reasonable steps to ensure confidentiality throughout the reporting process. Under the Whistle-blowers Protection Act 2010, anyone who participates in the ‘whistle-blowing’ exercise is given the assurance that he/she will not be at risk of any form of victimization, retribution or retaliation from his/her superiors or from any of the Management.
However, deliberately providing false or misleading information will not be tolerated by MIMOS and may lead to litigation.
Whistleblower is expected to provide reasonable details regarding his/her disclosure.
The Integrity and Ethics Unit will verify the information given. Upon verification and confirmation, the officer will present the findings to the relevant authorities who will decide the next course of action. If there is a case, they will channel the case to the respective party for further investigation. Otherwise, the process will end here.
Complainants will be acknowledged and responded to within five (5) working days upon submission of the disclosure.
Anonymous reporting will be taken into consideration however no response will be communicated.