Wireless Sensor Network (WSN)
How can corporations improve on agriculture or farm produce without having to spendexcessive time in fields or farms and have a concrete way to improve output? Mi-MSCAN consists of MEMS (microelectromechanical systems) Sensors; Mote, Router,Gateway and Daisy Chain; and Precision Agriculture Management System (PAMS). These three technologies work in harmony to collect data from the field, seamlessly relay the data and display crucial data for end users to make decisions on their field.
The features of Mi-MSCAN are as follows:
- MEMS Sensors – These sensors are based on MIMOS’ MEMS platforms. With their small form factor and reliability, these sensors display accurate multisensory capabilities to detect and collect environment data. MEMS Sensors comprises temperature, micro temperature, humidity, electrical conductivity, moisture and pH with more in under development (integrated temperature and pH; integrated temperature, nitrate (N), phosphate (P) and potassium (K)).
- Mote, Router, Gateway and Daisy Chain – These components work together to create real-time remote monitoring capabilities with low power consumption, eliminating the need to be present at any field site.
- PAMS – PAMS allows online 24/7 viewing of fi eld sensor data such as environment data, thresholds, alerts, network health and generate charts and reports of the data. Therefore, real estate monitoring can be done from anywhere in the world at any time.
Mi-MSCAN is designed with such fl exibility that it is deployable in various configurations for a variety of applications such as intelligent crop monitoring with crop knowledge capabilities. Some of the applications of Mi-MSCAN are:
- Controlled Environment Farms – Greenhouse Management System for food crops, herbs and fl oriculture to increase growth and yield, and reduce wastage and cost.
- Plantations – Crop alert systems for commodity crops such as oil palm where pollination time and the health of each plant is monitored, thereby reducing manual labour to perform these tasks.
- Aquaculture – Aqualife monitoring on the environment of fish and water life such that an ideal environment for spawning and sustaining growth is always maintained.