Connecting the Unconnected
Every service provider’s goal is to cover a fabric throughout the entire population that allow their customers easy access to the Internet and IT services, if possible, for free. Unfortunately, many solutions in the market require high cost of deployment and might not be compatible with existing infrastructure. Mi-WiWi Outdoor Access Point is a wireless access router that has the flexibility (modularity) of the backhaul access either wired (ADSL, VSAT) or wireless (WiMAX, WCDMA). It supports WiFi 802.11b/g/n and Ethernet 10/100/1000Mbps and provides outdoor deployment with its robust design.
Mi-WiWi is integratable with other solutions like mesh networks and has features such as:
- Water and Dust-Proof – These features of the Mi-WiWi ensure that the access point survives harsh environment conditions and delivers distortion-free Internet access.
- Modular Plug-and-Play – Users can directly access the Internet via Mi-WiWi by simply connecting to its WiFi hotspot. For ISPs, this access point supports fixed DSL, 3G, WiFi and WiMAX.
- Quadruple Play – Multicasting and IPv6 provide end users with fast streaming features of Mobility, Internet, VoIP and IPTV.
- WeMS and OTA – Mi-WiWi Element Management System (WeMS) and Over-The-Air (OTA) System Provisioning technology allow centralised device administration and updating of software releases for all access points and related devices within the network without having to physically upgrade each unit manually.
Mi-WiWi is able to extend enterprise Internet access, local IPTV applications, local community web access and service packages to new and existing customers because of its ease of setup and affordable cost of deployment. Mi-WiWi can be applied to provide wireless Internet access in these areas:
- Residential – Broadband in housing neighbourhoods or personal home broadband such as Kampung WiFi, which has been deployed nationwide.
- Commercial – Free Internet in a shopping complex, coffee shop or campus such as Municipal WiFi in Melaka.
- Vertical – Internal wireless network in a large company for surveillance, meter reading, sensor reading, port management or transportation.
- SME – Free Internet access to employees of a campus or enterprise, or WiFi Internet services for a region.
Mi-WiWi Outdoor Access Point Models come in the following variants to suit your service environment:
- Mi-WiWi Enterprise
- Mi-WiWi AccessPoint (AP)
- Mi-WiWi Hybrid
- Mi-WiWi Relay
- Mi-WiWi Mesh
- Mi-WiWi Bridge (5GHz/2.4GHz)
- Mi-WiWi (Point-To-Point) PTP (5GHz)
- Mi-WiWi HybridHSDPA*
- Mi-WiWi HybridLTE*
- Mi-WiWi Multimesh*
*Available in future releases