Independent Verification & Validation & CS
Position Purpose & Summary:
The main responsibility of a Protege in Test is to help assist test/project leads to assess the quality of the system under validation through manual testing, implementation of new automation tools and creation of innovative automation systems if needed and overall plain good strategies. Another testing area required is by performing document reviews on technical deliverables such as requirement documents. The candidate will work integrated with the project team and developers in executing various test strategies with limited duration and resources while at the same time, maximizing the test coverage throughout the software development lifecycle. This can be established through the utilization of the latest technologies in test automation and the development of new test tools and systems.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for test lifecycle activities for a large project involving multiple vendors, multiple technologies for Static, System Test, System Integration Test, Mobile Apps, and other relevant tests as required
- Assist in creating test plans, manual and automation test scripts, test procedures, preparing test summary reports
- Understand the project business & technical requirements, develop test cases & scripts. Work closely with the client/development team in developing test scenarios.
- Assist if required working on automation scripts for functional testing by using Robot Framework or similar tools like Selenium, Kantu and Appium.
- Assist and adhere to the Quality Assurance processes and gates in making sure the product/system being tested are of high quality.
- Assist the testing team with other test strategies for the team to meet certain deadlines when required.
- Experience in using different databases such as Ms SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL is an added advantage. A good team player with good communication skills
- Understand or Exposed to Quality Assurance processes and software lifecycles. Determining in delivering tasks that have been assigned in minimal time
- Knowledge or exposure in functional testing strategy. Good team player and capable of working in a highly dynamic environment with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of exposure in other testing strategies such as Static, Performance, Usability, Data and Security testing is an added advantage Demonstrate a “can do” attitude with the tasks that have been assigned. And have “out of the box” thinking in achieving certain tasks.
- Information Technology